Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Tuesday Night at Paris First Baptist Church

Yesterday, I had the privilege of spending time at the Paris FBC where the Tennessee Baptist Men's Chorale performed during their 2009 concert tour. As many of you may know that my dad, Tommy Moore, is a member of this choir. I must say that this was some of the finest Christian choral compositions I have ever heard and I must say that I indeed worshipped yesterday evening!

I especially like the songs "How Deep the Father's Love for Us" and "Midnight Cry". The song "Midnight Cry" almost made me a Pretribulational Premillennialist (Brother Don would like this). All joking aside, "Midnight Cry" was powerful and warming to my soul as was "How Deep the Father's Love for Us". My dad knows I have an affinity for the "celtic" style hymns.

It was also a pleasure to run into Trent Bullock again. Trent is now the pastor of First Baptist Church in Paris, TN, being elected by the church in January of 2009. I got to eat supper with him and Lori and also got to meet many of my father's compadres in the chorale. I must say that all of them are class acts. There are several other local personalities in the chorale including Barry Keithley of Second Baptist Church in Union City (and, of course, Five Seasons Men's Shop) and also Elwood Doss and Jackie Vaughan of Weakley County.

I was proud of our contingent that attended the event, and it seemed like a bus full. I am sure that they all were blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment